Nature has her arsenal of beauty products at your disposal.
Look no further than your refrigerator and cupboards for Nature's beauty department.
There are natural products that you will always find at my house that I cannot live without--(they include oatmeal, mayonnaise, olive oil, brown sugar, honey, eggs, rose hip seed oil, witch hazel, aloe vera, chamomile tea and Listerine.)
For years, I have been what I call a naturalist. I have gotten compliments from friends and strangers alike for my skin and hair. I always get asked what products I use and when I tell them, people can't believe it!
So I am going to share with you some of my trade beauty secrets and I want to hear yours.
Don't be afraid to share different uses for things I list--
Disclaimer--sometimes there aren't "any" cures for certain skin/hair conditions due to hormonal imbalances or illnesses. But these remedies can help alleviate the symptoms.
1) If you have broken out or have pimples or scars that are inflamed--use honey.
Put honey all over your face and let dry, wash off with warm wash cloth. Your skin will feel noticeably smoother and if you do this at night-in the morning your face will be calmed down!
2) Feel like having a mini face lift w/o the surgery? If you are not allergic to eggs, use the egg whites as a mask on your face---separate yolk, and blend egg whites until loose--put on face and allow to dry and then wash off with warm water and follow up with a moisturizer--yoru skin will feel tight instantly.
3) Got Irritated skin from allergies? In a blender or food processor--blend the contents of oatmeal into a fine powder and pour into luke warm bath. it will make the water cloudy and leaves no mess to clog the drain afterwards--works great for chicken pox,& poison ivy irritations too.
4) Spoiled milk? You can also add to the bath for iritated skin that leaves your skin silky smooth.
5) Brown spots on your skin? Use lemon juice alone or with oyster shells--get opened oyster shells and rinse with water. Take a lemon and squeeze juice into shell--let sit for about 5 mins--use liquid to put on your face and if possible go sit in non direct sunlight for at least 15 mins. The lemon juice will act like an alpha hydroxy and make spots lighter while the oyster shell minerals brighten skin giving you a pearly complexion. I've used this concoction to remove moles.
6) For rough, dry skin--make this easy exfoliant--. Take 1/2 cup of uncooked rice and blend until its a course powder--do not over blend! Add a 1/2 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup honey --you can also add 1/2 tsp of sea salt (optional) . Add some rose hip seed oil (buy at vitamin shop) and store in airtight container. Use in shower all over body rubbing fingers in circular motions over skin. -let sit for a few minutes. Lather off with soap. Skin will feel smooth, moisturized & will also feel tighter. This is an excellent body treatment prior to wearing that sexy dress or lingerie!!!
7) Bruises? take a bottle of Witch hazel and put into refrigerator--soak cotton balls and leave on bruise for 10 mins. also works great for dark circles under your eyes!
8) Want to lesson the appearance of scars on your body? BE careful with this one of you have sensitive skin---use tomato sauce on your skin---use like body scrub--I recommend this treatment only for your legs, arms and feet. If you use on feet-be sure to gently use a pumice stone to remove the sloughed off skin.
9) For dry hair and slpit ends--blend an avocado and olive oil--use as mask over wet hair and wrap head & hair in saran wrap--leave on for 30 minutes--then wash with warm water and shampoo. For a variation to enhance natural high lites, use some regular Kraft mayonnaise in the mixture. Use only once a week.
10) For itching scalp--Use Listerine on scalp- shampoo as normal and use rose hip seed oil on scalp to moisturize afterwards.
11) Whip cream can also be used as a hair conditioner. Cover hair, wrap in saran wrap for 15 mins, then shampoo as normal.
12) Razor burn?--use soaked chamomile tea bags on skin or even crushed up cucumber.
13) Best beauty tip---need to drop a few inches or pounds for that special trip or special day? How about taking a special trip to the beach and you want to minimize cellulite? Go to your local Whole Foods Market and buy Sour Apple flavored Apple Cider tablets. Suck on two lozenges a day. Be sure you drink your eight/ eight oz glasses of water to flush. Do this treatment for 7 days once a month and You will see a HUGE difference.
14) Also improve the appearance of cellulite by adding pure coffee grounds to your favorite body lotion. Use a cellulite massager (plastic or rubber hand held thingy with nubs on the underside). Massage towards your heart. Do this twice a week--It will be a bit painful-but I promise you the results are outstanding and won't cost you anything more than what you already spend.
15) Dry cuticles and no cuticle oil in sight? Use the inside of a banana peel. ( a hint--you can also use your chap stick)
16) Have a boil? Use ground cloves as a paste on put onto boil-let sit. Wash off and keep clean.
So what do you think? Do you have any alternate uses for the ingredients I mentioned above?
How about your beauty secrets?